Application to the 2nd Summer School on Motivation
If you want to participate in the 2nd Summer School on Motivation, please submit
- a proposal (closely related to your doctoral research plan) including a summary max 1000 words, and
- a brief letter indicating the state of your doctoral studies and of motivation to attend the Summer School
before April 15, 2008 by e-mail to confe[at]icm2008.utu.fi. ([at] = @)
THE PROPOSAL should consist of:
a. A proposal cover page
- The title of your proposal in capital letters, bold
- Your full name (and co-workers, e.g. supervisors)
- Your affiliation (name and country of Institution, e.g. University of Oulu, Finland) in Italic types
- Your e-mail address
- Subject descriptors
b. A summary of 1000 words (excluding references) detailing the aims, methodology/research design, outcomes, and theoretical and educational significance of the research.
If the summary exceeds the above-mentioned word limits, the proposal may be rejected.
In writing the proposal, please use the following format:
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 points
- Double space between lines
- Left justification
- Figures, tables and illustration should be placed in the main text body and given a clear caption and their layout should be according to APA 5.0.
- Provide references according to APA 5.0.
- In case an aspect is not covered by the above guidelines, follow APA 5.0 guidelines
- In rtf or doc format
Application will be accepted according to the following criteria:
- Topic (originality, choice of problems, importance of issues, relevance to the conference themes, theoretical/practical significance)
- Framework (theoretical/conceptual/practical framework, rationale, literature review)
- Methodology (research design, method, quality of data source)
- Analyses and interpretation (significance of conclusions and implications for research, practice, policy; relationship of conclusions to findings, generalisability or usefulness of findings or concepts)
- Clarity and structure of proposal